The Havocity Community!
Welcome to Havocity Very Happy

Home to many clans and the greatest tournament on Xbox, Havoc League Gaming!

Thanks for coming down but in order to have full access to the site, you must first Register/Login. Thanks again!

Suggestion: Use your Gamertag when registering so its easy for me to find you online for tournaments. Click on the check box that says "Log in automatically" for easier access to the site.
The Havocity Community!
Welcome to Havocity Very Happy

Home to many clans and the greatest tournament on Xbox, Havoc League Gaming!

Thanks for coming down but in order to have full access to the site, you must first Register/Login. Thanks again!

Suggestion: Use your Gamertag when registering so its easy for me to find you online for tournaments. Click on the check box that says "Log in automatically" for easier access to the site.
The Havocity Community!

Lets keep the rules simple. no racist post, no sexist posts, no nudity and use common sense. Read the topic before you post anything. Respect the site, and those in it.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello Ladies and Gents
A Little Bit About Me EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:56 pm by Pharaux

» Hello Awesome People ^_^
A Little Bit About Me EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 am by Havoc Gaming

» Help me Obi-wan!
A Little Bit About Me EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:14 am by Havoc Gaming

» Forum Game
A Little Bit About Me EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 3:38 pm by Havoc Gaming

» Website Info 10/28/2014
A Little Bit About Me EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:24 am by Dubstache558

» Suggestions please.
A Little Bit About Me EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 10:27 pm by Havoc Gaming

» *URGENT* Havocity streamers
A Little Bit About Me EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 3:59 am by Johnathon2020

» Xbox One Ideas. You know what to do.
A Little Bit About Me EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 5:04 am by Dubstache558

» Is it just me......
A Little Bit About Me EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 5:01 pm by Dubstache558

Poll
Vote for HLG IV:
Call Of Duty: Ghost
A Little Bit About Me Vote_lcap25%A Little Bit About Me Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Titanfall
A Little Bit About Me Vote_lcap17%A Little Bit About Me Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Battlefield 4
A Little Bit About Me Vote_lcap50%A Little Bit About Me Vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Halo 4
A Little Bit About Me Vote_lcap8%A Little Bit About Me Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12
Top posters
. (169)
A Little Bit About Me Vote_lcapA Little Bit About Me Voting_barA Little Bit About Me Vote_rcap 
Havoc Gaming (160)
A Little Bit About Me Vote_lcapA Little Bit About Me Voting_barA Little Bit About Me Vote_rcap 
iOriGinsxT (63)
Dubstache558 (57)
iWaxen xT (53)
iBeast xT (52)
iiGGii86 (33)
Faceless_Snorlax (28)
Candy (27)
iHypexT (24)
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates

A Little Bit About Me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Flaming Tiger 1
Master Chief
Master Chief

A Little Bit About Me Empty
PostSubject: A Little Bit About Me   A Little Bit About Me EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:43 am

How To Apply My Strengths In Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy is both a creative and scientific profession. It requires personal strengths such as curiosity, forgiveness, judgment, and leadership. These strengths are crucial to Occupational Therapy because without them the job can become very difficult due to the fact that everyone is unique. According to AOTA, occupation is the way in which people occupy their time time. It can be both physical and psychological activities in which one engages in to help improve mental and physical health. These occupations are considered as ADLs, or Activities for Daily Living, which help to provide the clients with a meaning to life. Occupational Therapists, in this aspect, are teachers who help to improve the longevity of the client’s life. To be a good teacher, one needs many strengths.
To begin, curiosity is my main strength. It is a state of activity which involves exploration by asking questions and making new discoveries, often allowing one to become more open to the world. This strength has played a major role in my life and is very essential to Occupational Therapy for learning about the clients and discovering what therapy works best for them. From birth, I was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, a group of disorders that affect a person’s ability to move and maintain balance and posture; Fragile X Syndrome, a genetic condition that causes intellectual disability, behavioral and learning challenges and various physical characteristics; Dyslexia, a condition in which the brain does not correct vision causing one to see things backwards; and OCD, an anxiety disorder caused by damage to the orbitoprefrontal cortex of the brain resulting in one’s sense of aero detection to be thrown off causing one to check and recheck one’s self.
Since childhood, I questioned, “Why do people treat me so differently and why am I different from others? Why was I placed in this cursed body? What purpose do I have in life?” Not only I but my parents were bombarded with questions as well from friends and family members asking, “Why isn’t she walking? Why isn’t she talking? Why isn’t she socializing with other children?” They did not know how to answer them.
Afterwards, my parents began to ask my physicians what therapies would work best for me. They all replied, “Get her involved in playing video games, sports, theatre, music, and buy her some pets because they are the cheapest and most effective therapy.” Heeding the physicians’ advice, my parents went out and bought a Sega Genesis, my very first gaming console. After about two weeks of playing video games, my parents and first grade teacher began to notice major improvements in my vision as well as my hand and eye coordination. I could finally distinguish the difference between the letters b and d as well as read sentences at a normal pace without my left eye drifting off, causing me to accidentally skip lines. Not only did my vision and hand and eye coordination improve, but my social interaction did as well. My friends and I would get together almost every weekend to play video games, in particular Sonic The Hedgehog, a game that tested Rapid Eye Movement (REM) at a maximum level. The bright colors of the game, as well as Sonic’s speed, would often cause me to have migraines. To treat the migraines, I would simply lie down in a dark room and close my eyes for a few minutes, sometimes hours, until the headaches were no longer prevalent.
When I was about seven years old, I became very interested in both music and theatre. I absolutely loved listening to the radio and watching musicals. I would try to mimic the voices of each artist. By doing this, they helped me express my emotions and provided the speech and meditative therapy I desperately needed. They also helped me to learn math. Theatre helped with my cognition and music helped me to understand math in a different way. I learned I have to see the problem to be able to answer it accurately. In other words, I have to write the steps in order to answer the problem. Many people, for years, thought this was impossible for me to do; because I am learning disabled in math, until I was introduced to these extra curricular activities.
Finally, I became interested in martial arts. After watching some martial arts movies, I thought, “Man, they’re cool, quick, and smart! I want to be just like them! I’m tired of people thinking I’m ignorant because I’m slow! I want to be normal just like everyone else!” One night, after watching a Jackie Chan movie; I ran into my parents’ room and told them, “I want to take some martial arts classes!” My parents looked at each other, turned toward me; and said, “Ok, but it’s going to be hard work.” I replied, “I know, but I really want to learn martial arts. Please!” My parents responded, “Alright, but you better not quit.” I screamed, “Yes! Thank you!” A few days had passed and my mom finally brought me to a Tae Kwon Do school called Tae Kwon Do Plus. We met with the head master and asked him some very important questions in regards to my disabilities. He replied with a grin, “Do not worry. We work with people all the time just like your daughter. Because our classes are a learn at your own pace type courses, she can take breaks whenever she feels like she needs to rest.” Afterwards, he told me; “Come in tomorrow to see how you like the class. It will be free.” The next day, I came in to class and tried it out. I absolutely loved it. It was the first time in my life I had fun while getting a good workout. After about two days of practicing, I began to feel sore all over my body. On other occasions, I felt so sore the next day to where I could not even move to get out of bed. The pain was excruciating but I managed to motivate myself to get out of bed. I knew that I had to get up and get moving to perform my ADLs such as eating, bathing, dressing, going to school, playing video games, listening to music, singing, and taking care of my pets. After all, I was not going to accomplish anything by lying down and letting time pass. I had to do something in order to stay alive.
Even though I experienced much pain, I decided to stick with it. Many years had passed and I finally became a licensed assistant instructor with ITA, International Tae Kwon Do Alliance; as a senior green belt, which is about four belts from white belt. As an assistant instructor, I worked with many disabled people, in particular a 20 year old guy with severe Spastic Cerebral Palsy. He had much hypertension throughout his entire body and had difficulty maintaining his balance and posture as well as with producing his speech. Often, I and another instructor, or two instructors; would have him hold on to a bar as one or two of us would hold him while another instructor would be in front of him trying to grab his foot to push his knee into his abdomen and extend his leg to stretch the muscles and to release the tension. Not only would we have him hold on to a bar, but we would also hold him up when practicing free kicks and punches. As time progressed, the instructors and I would hold him, release him slowly, and spot him to help him learn how to maintain his balance and posture; giving him positive encouragement as he performed across the room. After a good workout, we would make him stretch to relieve the tension in his muscles. The team had him stretch in many different ways. Some of which included leg stretches while lying on his back and sitting up straight, arm rolls, neck rolls, and back stretches. Once, after class, I noticed he was having difficulty with tying his shoes so I stopped and asked him if he needed any help. He replied with a slur, “No, but thanks for asking.” Then I asked him, “How old are you and where do you live?” He answered, “I am twenty years old and I live just around the corner.” Afterwards, I asked him, “Where do you go to school?” He responded, “I go to Spring Hill College. However, I’m sorry but I have to cut this conversation short because I need to get home to study for an exam.” I replied, “Oh, ok. Good luck on your exam!” He arose off the bench, walked slowly out to his car, opened the car door, grabbed one of his assisted driving devices, and pulled himself into the driver’s seat without any assistance from an instructor. At that moment, I thought, “Wow! He is really living life to its fullest! He doesn’t ask for any help nor does he let any obstacle get in his way. He does what he wants to do.” As a leader of Tae Kwon Do, I felt as if my job was very rewarding. This experience also taught me that we must forgive those who have done us wrong in the past to move on into our future because they do not understand what we go through every day in our lives.
It is amazing what we all can learn by asking questions, observing, and speaking to one another. If people would just open their minds to the world and see things the way others do, then they would not be so quick to judge others before getting know them. An Occupational Therapist must learn to become curious of the client’s disability in order to make good judgments upon the therapy needed. Doing this will allow them to become great leaders and will also allow them to forgive after they have a better understanding of the client’s disability.

Works Cited
American Occupational Therapy Association, inc. “About Occupational Therapy.” American Occupational Therapy Association. AOTA, 1999. aota.org. 3 April. 2013.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. “Facts About Cerebral Palsy.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC, 20 Sept. 2011. cdc.gov. 3 April. 2013.
National Fragile X Foundation. “Fragile X Syndrome.” National Fragile X Foundation. NFXF, 1999. fragilex.org. 3 April. 2013.
Back to top Go down
iiGGii86
Admin
Admin
iiGGii86

PostSubject: Re: A Little Bit About Me   A Little Bit About Me EmptyMon May 13, 2013 4:36 am

nahhhhhhh neggga that is not a little about yourself thats a BIOGRAPHY LOL
Back to top Go down
Flaming Tiger 1
Master Chief
Master Chief

PostSubject: Re: A Little Bit About Me   A Little Bit About Me EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:23 am

No, that is really a little bit about me. I could've gone on but since there was a word limit, I couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Havoc Gaming
aka Xavier
aka Xavier
Havoc Gaming

PostSubject: Re: A Little Bit About Me   A Little Bit About Me EmptyMon May 20, 2013 6:14 pm

After observing your list of medical disorders it is easy to say that you were a sickly child which made you vulnerable to the world. You were probably subjected to things that others would have used to fuel there anger and hatred towards others. Instead, you have used it as an empowerment to bring the best of yourself and others. You bring a sense of hope to those suffering from life's short comings and show us how a person should react to them.

It's obvious that you have become a stronger person due to your struggles. I'm glad you came out of it on top. Your post was clear, to the point, and brought a lot of insightful information about your self. I feel like I know you better already! A++++++
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/Havoc_Gaming_
Flaming Tiger 1
Master Chief
Master Chief

PostSubject: Re: A Little Bit About Me   A Little Bit About Me EmptySat May 25, 2013 8:50 am

Thankyou to all who have taken time to read my post! Also, Thankyou Havoc for your comment! It means a lot to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Little Bit About Me   A Little Bit About Me Empty

Back to top Go down

A Little Bit About Me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Havocity Community! :: General Discussion :: Introduction-
Jump to: