The Havocity Community!
Welcome to Havocity Very Happy

Home to many clans and the greatest tournament on Xbox, Havoc League Gaming!

Thanks for coming down but in order to have full access to the site, you must first Register/Login. Thanks again!

Suggestion: Use your Gamertag when registering so its easy for me to find you online for tournaments. Click on the check box that says "Log in automatically" for easier access to the site.
The Havocity Community!
Welcome to Havocity Very Happy

Home to many clans and the greatest tournament on Xbox, Havoc League Gaming!

Thanks for coming down but in order to have full access to the site, you must first Register/Login. Thanks again!

Suggestion: Use your Gamertag when registering so its easy for me to find you online for tournaments. Click on the check box that says "Log in automatically" for easier access to the site.
The Havocity Community!

Lets keep the rules simple. no racist post, no sexist posts, no nudity and use common sense. Read the topic before you post anything. Respect the site, and those in it.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hello Ladies and Gents
Suggestions please. EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:56 pm by Pharaux

» Hello Awesome People ^_^
Suggestions please. EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 am by Havoc Gaming

» Help me Obi-wan!
Suggestions please. EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:14 am by Havoc Gaming

» Forum Game
Suggestions please. EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 3:38 pm by Havoc Gaming

» Website Info 10/28/2014
Suggestions please. EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:24 am by Dubstache558

» Suggestions please.
Suggestions please. EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 10:27 pm by Havoc Gaming

» *URGENT* Havocity streamers
Suggestions please. EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 3:59 am by Johnathon2020

» Xbox One Ideas. You know what to do.
Suggestions please. EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 5:04 am by Dubstache558

» Is it just me......
Suggestions please. EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 5:01 pm by Dubstache558

Poll
Vote for HLG IV:
Call Of Duty: Ghost
Suggestions please. Vote_lcap25%Suggestions please. Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Titanfall
Suggestions please. Vote_lcap17%Suggestions please. Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Battlefield 4
Suggestions please. Vote_lcap50%Suggestions please. Vote_rcap
 50% [ 6 ]
Halo 4
Suggestions please. Vote_lcap8%Suggestions please. Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12
Top posters
. (169)
Suggestions please. Vote_lcapSuggestions please. Voting_barSuggestions please. Vote_rcap 
Havoc Gaming (160)
Suggestions please. Vote_lcapSuggestions please. Voting_barSuggestions please. Vote_rcap 
iOriGinsxT (63)
Dubstache558 (57)
iWaxen xT (53)
iBeast xT (52)
iiGGii86 (33)
Faceless_Snorlax (28)
Candy (27)
iHypexT (24)
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates

Suggestions please.

Go down 
+2
Havoc Gaming
MasterHinnant
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MasterHinnant
Prestige II
Prestige II
MasterHinnant

Suggestions please. Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions please.   Suggestions please. EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Alright so this is an odd question to ask here, but my wife and I frequently have the discussion of when is the best time to have a child. We know that we are going to wait until my wife is out of college which will be at age 22 (hopefully) and I will not get out of college until much later due to me getting my PhD. We also have the dream of being the best grandparents we can be through most of our grand kids' life/lives therefore we do not want to have a child too late in life. We also have a little over 30k in the bank so we are not stressed too much for money and we do not pay for college because of scholarships.

But the question is, what do you believe is the right age to have kids? And I would also love it if you put a short summary of the reason, however you do not have to.

Thanks,
MasterHinnant

study study study study
Back to top Go down
Havoc Gaming
aka Xavier
aka Xavier
Havoc Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions please.   Suggestions please. EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 10:14 pm

Now just to be clear, this is purely opinion and not based at all on facts. I believe that 26 - 28 is the best age for having a child. Remember that you still can have a child prior to that with no problem due to your personal finances but you need to ask yourself how willing are you to put those saving to use when you know a child can cost up to 20 - 25 thousand just in expenses. Do not base your readiness on money alone.

25 is the age of maturity in the business world. Being a business owner, I know our HR looks at the age of the person and bases their ideas on them right away. The average college graduate is 22 - 24 years old so anything under seems like a risk. Hell you can't even rent a car by yourself until your 25.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/Havoc_Gaming_
MasterHinnant
Prestige II
Prestige II
MasterHinnant

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions please.   Suggestions please. EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 10:24 pm

Yay! Someone agrees with me, I have been looking at age 27, she has been looking at 24 or 25. We have those savings and once she is out of college she already has an organization willing to pay her around 45k a year at starting wage. I wanted to build a larger savings closer to 70k before having a child and unfortunately I still have around 10 years of college left, and hardly make over 15k a year while here.

And mentally and emotionally I believe we are probably ready, I worked at a daycare for 4 years and she nearly raised her niece and nephew.

Anyways, thank you so much for answering I truly appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Leader/ Moderator
Leader/ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions please.   Suggestions please. EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 9:41 pm

It honestly depends on where the person is at in life. If you are set to go financially and have confidence that you will be ok then yea 26-30 is a good age.

I also think as long as u have children before 35 is better....not a good idea at age 40...i was told.
Back to top Go down
Candy
Prestige III
Prestige III
Candy

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions please.   Suggestions please. EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:24 pm

In my opinion I think if I had of waited financially I would've been better ready for my children.

Becoming pregnant at 18 I put all plans of University on hold, finished my job and became a full time Mum while their Dad worked. 5 years after having our children we separated, my decision. It's definitely been hard for me to get back on my own two feet having no work experience and no college education. But I now have two jobs that pay minimum wage and it's a struggle.

So I think you're doing it right mate.. get your education, get a job established that's concrete. Around Late 20's Early 30's.

BUT that said.. I am fine with my outcome. My boys are awesome, intelligent, athletic and handsome *gushes*

I did it young so in my mind I get more time with them <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/candys_twitch/
MasterHinnant
Prestige II
Prestige II
MasterHinnant

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions please.   Suggestions please. EmptyMon Nov 03, 2014 11:53 pm

Thank both of you so much,

Reading your reply of your personal history definitely gave me a better insight, so thanks so much *hugs to both of you*
Back to top Go down
Leader/ Moderator
Leader/ Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions please.   Suggestions please. EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 12:22 am

Yea for me, as of now, I am in no position for kids. I'm currently living with my 19year old sister while her husband is deployed and I'm helping her with her almost 4 month old twins. I love it sooooo much and am happy to help her with what I can but I just know Im not ready for kids right now. Hugs to you too Blake! and Good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Faceless_Snorlax
Prestige III
Prestige III
Faceless_Snorlax

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions please.   Suggestions please. EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 11:29 am

Screw kids, get cats. They're much cleaner and you can leave them alone for a weekend Very Happy Personally I've always felt that children have no age requirement, I have seen more shitty 30+ year old parents then i have 16 year old. As soon as you feel you can handle the physical, mental and financial requirements, then go for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/faceless_snorlax
MasterHinnant
Prestige II
Prestige II
MasterHinnant

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions please.   Suggestions please. EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 11:51 am

Haha I already have a cat, and you can't leave him home for the weekend xD
Back to top Go down
Dubstache558
Prestige VI
Prestige VI
Dubstache558

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions please.   Suggestions please. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:57 am

This forum thread is gold <3 Great insights. I would say wait for school to be done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/dubstache558
Havoc Gaming
aka Xavier
aka Xavier
Havoc Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions please.   Suggestions please. EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 10:27 pm

^ I second that. I thought school would be like a side job but it eats all my free time. Thankfully, I finish school 4 months after my first child is born so it won't be that bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/Havoc_Gaming_
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions please.   Suggestions please. Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions please.
Page 1 of 1